CARER GUIDANCE -ATTACHMENT PROGRAMME 2019
Set out below you will find details of the Jofli Bear© pilot project and the actions we ask you to undertake with your child/young person in support of the Attachment Programme. We hope that, with your support and by engaging with Jofli Bear©, your child/young persons ability to settle in their placement and develop positive attachment experiences will be enhanced. This may simply be in helping them to settle into a new placement, by providing a mechanism to support their journey in the care system or establishing positive attachments within your home as part of the written and online activities.
1. You have been supplied with a Jofli Bear© for your child/young person which comprises the following:-
1 x Large Jofli Bear©
1 x Medium Jofli Bear©
1 x Jofli Bear Keyring©
1 x Fostering Booklet
1 x Jofli Bear© Rucksack
2. Our focus during this pilot project is on supporting children/young people who have recently come into care or moved placement early in their fostering journey and may be struggling with the changes and adjustments needed.
3. With Jofli Bear© we have included a fostering booklet. Before sharing the Bear with the child, please read through this and consider some of the opportunities, at home, in the community or other location, where the young person could use both the booklet and online facilities. If you are unsure, please contact the Jofli Bear© Project Team - we are here to help!
4. We advise that you register the Bear on the website and have a look at the secure area prior to using this with your young person.
5. Please speak to your young person's school about Jofli Bear© if you anticipate that the young person will wish to take Jofli Bear© to school, and explain how 'the project is hoping to utilise him.
6. Further information about Jofli Bear© can be found at www.jofli.com.
7. It is expected that you will encourage the young person in the use of Jofli Bear©, the booklet and the online area.
8. Once a month you will receive a phone call from a member of the Project Team, to discuss with you the activities, utilisation and interaction the young person has been engaged in with Jofli Bear©. This should take no more than 15 minutes and will follow a standard pattern - the questionnaire we will be using is also attached, so that you know what to expect from the call. You are always welcome to let us know of any positive activities or outcomes throughout the month - we hope to share good news stories about Jofli Bear's© travels and adventures on the Project site!
9. At the end of the first month, the Project will provide an additional costume' for Jofli Bear© provided that the young person has engaged with the activities. Please take a look at the website,
with your young person, and email us to let us know what clothing the young person would like for Jofli Bear© and this will be sent to them direct.
10. Jofli Bear© should be discussed at the young person's LAC review and PEP meetings, and details of interaction, impact or effect should be included in the ePEP Foster Carer section. Should you need support with the use of ePEP please either attend training provided by the Training Team or contact the Project Teamfor 1-2-1 support.
11. At the end of 6 month's a member of the Project Team will arrange to meet with you (and the young person, where appropriate) to discuss the impact of having Jofli Bear©, activities undertaken, any outcomes to date and other relevant information. This meeting will take no more than 45 minutes (and a cup of teal).
12. After 12 months, a further review meeting will be arranged with you (and the Young Person where appropriate) with a view to gaining an insight into the usefulness, appropriateness and impact of Jofli Bear©, to decide whether this is an opportunity which should be widened to other carers.
13. All participating carers and young people will be invited to an event, with Jofli Bear©, to celebrate the end of the pilot project. At this time we will share with you the next steps, the good ideas and practice, and our analysis of the project. Young People will have the opportunity to meet Jofli and have their photo taken tool
14. The bear will remain the property of the young person following this project and does not need to be returned.